Thursday, December 31, 2009

Cheddar Chicken

from my family. This is one my childhood favorites. I'm sure my mom got the recipe from somewhere, but that info is long gone. It involves not one but two cans of the dreaded cream of ___ soup. I have no interest in making it more gourmet, as it is delicious as is.

Cheddar Chicken

2-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 Tbs butter
1 small onion, diced
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of celery soup
4 oz extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated.

In a medium sized pan, brown onions and chicken in butter. Remove from pan. Mix together soups and cheese. Return chicken to pan, spooning sauce over chicken. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until chicken is done, about 20 minutes.

Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment